Project Manager - Operations United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have deep passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. As Project Manager you will have the lead in ensuring key projects for the business are executed effectively, efficiently, and consistently delivered on time. You will be driven by desire to exceed stakeholders expectations in each and every project delivery. Primarily you will support projects in the G&A function, initially managing a number of key financial projects such as implementation key applications like a finance planning tool critical to our FP&A team, or company-wide stock management system, to managing a review of our end-to-end order approval flow to find opportunities to streamline or strengthen controls.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, be data driven and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical thinking on achievement of project goals with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. We’re looking for people with strong influencing and customer service skills who are effective collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with partners.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Define project plans including scope, budget, schedule and deliverables.
- Ensure timely delivery of each phase.
- Identify project risks early, efficiently recommending resolutions to critical issues and working towards decision by in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with the team.
- Be confident and effective in managing upwards and engaging executives.
- Provide partners with clear, concise regular progress reports.
- Tightly manage scope change to ensure project momentum is maintained.
- Develop tools to effectively support project management undertaken.
- Ensure feedback and review.
- Look for opportunity to support better information flow, data management and reporting.
What You Will Bring:
- 5 to 10 years of experience with a strong record of career progression, and project management experience, preferably in enterprise software or SaaS companies.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Understanding of IT and experience collaborating with IT developers.
- Extraordinary analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in leading geographically remote teams.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing up and down an organisation.
- Project Management Certifications (i.e. PMP, CSM, etc.) preferable.
- Competitive pay, benefits and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1377372