Program Manager, Resilience Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is looking for an experienced Resiliency professional to support the continued growth and maintenance of GitHub’s Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery capabilities. The role will be uniquely positioned to build relationships and liaise across the enterprise and will report to the Senior Manager, Crisis Management & Business Continuity.
If you have a demonstrated record in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, have experience liaising with service owners, teams and diverse business organizations in order to drive enterprise objectives and want to contribute to making the world's largest software development platform more resilient, we want to hear from you!
About the Role:
As a Program Manager, Resilience, you will be a part of the Workplace Security team, and will be primarily responsible for supporting the build out, maintenance and ongoing testing and improvement of business continuity and disaster recovery plans across GitHub.
The selected candidate should be comfortable interfacing with engineering, product and security services as well as business and operational organizations. The role will work with respective stakeholders and owners to prioritize the business continuity and disaster recovery efforts with the highest potential impact and support the operationalization of those efforts.
Past experience specifically in Disaster Recovery planning supporting cataloged services in an IT, Software, Finance, Government or other similarly complex organization will stand out.
- Support the full life cycle of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, training and testing efforts of GitHub’s services and business functions.
- Track progress of services and business functions against resilience goals, requirements and standards.
- Coordinate with GitHub’s Site Reliability team and service owners to ensure resilience metrics are captured in and are extractable from GitHub’s service catalog in a meaningful way.
- Advocate for the use of best practices in business continuity and disaster recovery for GitHub’s services and business functions while factoring their prioritizations and offering balanced solutions where possible.
- Bring attention to potential high impact - low cost opportunities or innovations to increase resiliency across GitHub.
- Coordinate and partner with risk functions across GitHub to 1.) Continuously identify risks to resiliency and 2.) Support mitigation work in response to identified risks via assessments and audits.
- Provide a high level of customer service when supporting services, teams and businesses in their efforts.
- Support the planning, execution and review of enterprise table top exercises
- During disruptive or potentially disruptive events, support workplace security in coordinating crisis management.
- 3-5 years of experience in the fields of business continuity and disaster recovery
- Continuity certification from the Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) CBCP, MBCP etc. or an equivalent entity.
- Familiarity with conforming to ISO 22301 and or a similar continuity standard methodology in an evidenced manner.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience and comfort with conducting and reporting on business impact analysis.
- Experience recommending redundant, fault-tolerant solutions to services and business functions.
- Past experience specifically in Disaster Recovery planning supporting cataloged services in an IT, Software, Finance, Government or other similarly complex organization
- Has supported and participated in the conduct of drills, tests and exercises for both individual services in a Disaster Recovery setting (e.g. failover testing) and in a business continuity setting (e.g. a table top exercise walking through manual workarounds within a business function).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3092193