Program Manager, MozFest Technical Relationships All Offices, Remote US, Remote Canada
The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit organization, passionate about maintaining the Internet as a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto. We’re passionate about fueling a movement for a healthy internet! We do this by connecting open Internet leaders and mobilizing grassroot activists around the world.
Our MozFest team at the Foundation hosts the annual Mozilla Festival (MozFest). MozFest is a physical and virtual gathering of educators, activists, technologists, researchers, youth, and artists, committed to crafting an open, trustworthy, and healthier internet. Participants engage across a variety of topics through workshops, talks, art exhibitions, and installations. Sessions at the festival are scheduled under different thematic spaces. The MozFest Team supports Mozilla's goals by using the organizational objectives to help set the central narrative of MozFest around which all formats of the festival evolve.
We are seeking an open source community leader to join our team as a Program Manager for MozFest Technical Relationships. This is a year long fixed term contract position. In this role, you will foster the organization’s mission to openness and transparency by convening and mobilising the developer community at MozFest and across Global Programs.
- Leverage MozFest to mobilize AI builders and convene industry collaborations around trustworthy AI, fostering an increase in developer engagement and concrete industry collaborations, including:
- Co-chair and document the work of the Building Trustworthy AI working group.
- Support hackathons and other technical content at MozFest, including technical partner events and mentorship of the AI IRL space.
- Collaborate with Global Programs teams to plan and deliver post-festival follow-up and engagement.
- Build year-round collaborations with AI builders and industry partners.
- Design and implement outreach and promotion for the tech community.
- Work closely with the community to develop standard methodologies around trustworthy AI to help shift industry norms.
- Provide open source and technical advice internally within the organization.
- Provide planning, leadership, and facilitation support across the MozFest Team and Global Programs activities to build a cohesive and accessible offering of our work.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Building, leading, and sustaining community engagement, preferably within the open source community.
- Development, leadership, and collaboration on open source projects.
- Providing full-scope training, from analysis of community needs to lesson planning, development, and delivery.
- Working with diverse distributed global communities of volunteers and/ or supporters.
- Strong commitment to open leadership and open source development skills.
- Highly collaborative, able to thrive in fast-paced environments within and across widely distributed teams.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, team oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and emphasize efficient time management.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience applying machine learning to real-world problems.
- Mentoring, coaching, or other related experience.
- Good domain knowledge in at least one of the following: NLP, deep learning, data mining.
The Mozilla Foundation can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2455984