Program Manager - Incident Coordinator Remote - Canberra, Australia
Customer Success is one of the most exciting businesses to be part of at GitHub today encompassing passionate professionals who are responsible for the GitHub customer experience from point-of-sale to renewal.
Our team is looking for an Incident Coordinator to respond to, coordinate, mitigate and resolve critical and high impact events and strategic escalations on behalf of our customers. Working within a specialist team, you will be responsible for building, directing and coordinating major customer issues and incidents with related activities of resolver teams across GitHub and taking lead on major incidents to ensure the business receives relevant communications/updates and service is restored against SLAs/SLTs.
You’ll have 5-7 years of experience managing incidents, escalations, crisis events, or other relevant experience in a fast-tempo Support environment
- Lead, build and continually improve the 7x24 Incident and Crisis Management process (including customer/executive communications) at Github across all teams and organizations. This includes process flows, triggers, and responsibilities matrices, and communications plans.
- Work closely with technical/engineering teams, Support, Security and other Teams to ensure effective identification of incidents
- Being the lead of a Global Incident Management shift pattern to ensure 24x7 coverage
- Responsible for major incident management from initiation until an acceptable work around is in place or resolution is achieved.
- Manage Crisis incidents by providing overall management and oversight of these incidents through to a timely resolution, and manage any outstanding actions
- Ensure all customer and executive communications during and after a major incident are executed per the documented process
- Lead post incident reviews/retrospectives in line with incident management processes and procedures to ensure effective post incident documentation is produced to:
- Make required modifications to current incident management processes
- Prevent repeat issues affecting customers
- Maintain high availability of systems to our consumers
- Reduce the number of incidents generated
- Must be fluent in English, both written & verbal
- 3-5 years experience leading Incident Management processes to include:
- Experience coordinating post-incident reviews to ensure high-quality discussion, reflection, documentation, and continual service improvement.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing Incident Management processes, tools, templates, documents and reports
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate solutions
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to pick up new technical concepts and vocabulary quickly, and understand the technical details impacting incidents
- Desire and ability to learn and work with engineers to resolve issues
- Excellent working knowledge of service management processes (Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Ability to think critically and deliver results under pressure, while adjusting demeanour and communication style to accommodate a diverse customer base
- Good overall customer service skills, and can proactively manage customer expectations preferred.
- Experience partnering with product and engineering teams, public relations and communications professionals, account teams, and security incident response teams
- Strong time management and efficiency skills organised, and delivery focused, good planning skills, and process driven
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative rather than to a strict process
- Strong report writing and analytical skills
- Able to negotiate in difficult situations to reach a successful conclusion
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict and able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Enterprise experience in Incident Management and ability to understand a diverse set of potential business impacts due to incident
- Balance of high standards and pragmatism to get a job done, whatever it takes
- This position requires potential work outside of normal business hours and/or an on-call rotation
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3360505