Production & QA Analyst
We’re looking for a talented human being that wants to break things. Digital things. A human that dedicates their soul to ensuring a website or mobile app is the best that it can be.A human that gets giddy knowing their efforts will push a digital product closer and closer to the way it’s been dreamed up.
Our QA analyst role is a bit of a hybrid and is well-suited for someone who has spent some time both leading quality assurance efforts across mobile and web development but also has a knack for various aspects of project management.
Let’s talk about you…
In this role, you will:
- Lead quality assurance efforts across various web and mobile development projects, which includes:
- Reviewing requirements, designs, functional specs to ensure project goals are well understood
- Manually testing new product features and reporting all bugs and deficits
- Writing acceptance criteria
- Attending daily stand-ups, demos and grooming sessions with scrum teams
- Assisting with release schedules and planning
- Writing documentation and test cases (where applicable)
- Get your hands dirty and help with projects. That could mean:
- Creating an IA document
- Setting up a WordPress install
- Writing a script for a video
- Helping with a business discovery effort
- Pricing out new projects and features
- Finger painting
- Expand your knowledge and skill-set by learning new areas that can help with a client’s digital marketing success (SEO, paid media, research, whatever the shiny new tech is, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years minimum of experience doing this job or something similar (we have moments where we’re accepting folks who are looking for their first job but this is not one of them)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing native iOS and Android apps
- Good writing skills
- Creative at solving problems
- Open-minded and willing to learn new skills / software / concepts
- Has experience using JIRA and/or similar bug tracking tools
- Someone who’s not an asshole, diva, or douchebag
One important note…we have a healthy remote work policy. We have offices in NYC, Brooklyn, and Santa Monica (WeWork). You can come into an office, or you can work from wherever you want (cafe, Nepal, Newark, Narragansett, wherever) provided you get your shit done and are available to get to a client meeting in the city you live in when necessary.
- We generally work on EST, but you might have clients anywhere in the world, and you have to be creative about when you can communicate with them.
- If you have never done the remote work thing, like ever, we might have a problem.
- If you work from home, we expect you to be available on Slack and video conference.
- If you are on a video conference, you need to have a shirt on. Pants are optional.
And who the hell are we?
A 25-person interactive shop working with all manner of organizations (sports teams, beauty brands, magazines, non-profits, pharmaceutical companies, startups) helping to create and manage the full battery of digital media goodness (web, mobile, content, video and experiential activations to be specific). We believe passionate, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work that lets us come back and do it again tomorrow.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and introduction to [email protected] with the subject line “Like a Glove” to show that you’ve read this whole post. Bonus points if you include a GIF from the movie.
Please feel free to skip the formality of a cover letter and write to us as a human being. If you need to use a four letter word to effectively express a previous engagement or an appropriately inappropriate metaphor to describe your ideal work environment, I’ll take that over what you would think I typically “need to hear” in a job application. Be yourself. The truth is the easiest thing to remember and I don’t have time to weed through cover-letter-speak to find out who you really are and what you want. Just tell me.
If you are a recruiter, I promise I respect the heck out of the service you provide and when I run a 35,000-person company I will totally respond to your queries but not on this one. Please don’t waste your time (and don’t reference that I wrote about not wasting your time when you waste my time by ignoring this request).
Vacancy page : https://sanbornagency.com/career/production-qa-analyst/