Product / UX Designer United States
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
TaxJar has an immediate opening for a talented designer with demonstrable experience in moving the needle for SaaS applications.
This position will work with our leadership team and closely with our engineers. This is a full-time remote position, and we are looking for someone that can grow with our products for years to come.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax, and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers. We work closely with eCommerce partners like Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Square, Magento and WooCommerce to help eCommerce businesses thrive.
We offer TaxJar Reports, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state, AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns (this is the team you'd be joining), and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations.
As a Customer Product / UX Designer you will:
- Be responsible for crafting modern, user-optimized experiences that drive overall business growth and directly impact conversion and retention.
- Take ownership of the entire product experience.
- Lead the complete product development cycle through planning, design, testing, and eventually production release.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
We're looking for
- Strong visual design, product design, usability, and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in product design at one or more successful SaaS companies
- Someone who gets excited to pick up the phone and call customers for their insight
- Ability to create complex user flows detailing user journeys
- Ability to rapid prototype to test and validate the team's design efforts
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior designers would also be a big plus.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to design for all screen sizes from mobile to desktop.
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy.
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you're
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Accountable & KPI driven
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role, and not afraid to go big and potentially fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of benefits that we offer all employees.
The entire team works remotely from wherever we work best for each team member. For most of us, that's home. For others, that may be a local coffee shop or a summer vacation house. The only requirement is that we're working from a place with WiFi, and we're able to get our work done. We talk all day in Basecamp and each of our teams have separate rooms to discuss what's necessary.
We LOVE being a distributed team, and are looking for new teammates who will thrive in this unique environment.
Vacancy page : https://taxjar.workable.com/j/E0105E88EC