Product Strategy & Go-to-Market Leader - GitHub Actions United States
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software through powerful, flexible CI/CD and automation, directly in the developer workflow.
GitHub’s Field Architecture team is looking for an experienced automation, continuous integration and deployment-focused product leader who wants to work in partnership with senior leaders at our most strategic customers, focused on accelerating and growing their success with GitHub Actions. Field Architects are a key part of our Revenue organization, for being recognized as subject matter experts in their chosen field, as well as by their ability to synthesize customer experience to provide an industry lens in their interactions, both internal and external. They support a variety of diverse internal teams, including sales professionals, product management, engineering, GRC and marketing in efforts that ensure that GitHub, and our customers, are successful and productive, together.
The ideal candidate will have experience in helping Enterprises understand and succeed with continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps automation. They have strong communications skills, and the ability to articulate value and vision to developers and executives alike.
Field Architects represent more than GitHub, but the best that modern software practices can be. We're obsessed about our customers, and the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
The Job - what you’ll be doing
- Lead our technical CI/CD Customer sales strategy across our global pre-sales organization.
- Work closely with our marketing, product, and engineering teams to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Develop custom solutions to solve internal and external automation needs.
- Work closely with Sr Director Field Services on special and high impact projects
- Lead a team of global actions specialists
- Other duties as assigned
GitHub Field Architecture is looking for an experienced CI/CD and automation specialist who has an expertise and passion to exceed our customers’ expectations and who will go the extra mile with a strong work ethic and collaboration. They also have:
- 2+ years of CI/CD/Automation experience
- 3+ years of Software development, Engineering, Software Architecture, and/or Technical Support experience
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in two or more of these areas: Cloud computing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Workflow automation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, demonstrated with experience in technical sales, architecture/solutions engineering, technical consulting, system integration or project management
- The ability to partner with and effectively communicate technical concepts to sales, legal, technical and executive staff.
- Deep knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related tools
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts, including encryption, networking, operating systems, databases, middleware, and applications ideally in a cloud environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment (global team + nature of software development)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Self-directed and resourceful; Experience working on a remote team in an asynchronous workflow across time zones
- Proven commitment to quality and success
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required)
- Exposure/Experience with GitHub Actions.
- Experience with product management or technical selling for CI/CD solutions.
- Experience running a CI/CD solution at scale
- Participation or leadership in industry groups, trade associations, CNCF or CDF
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3220731