Product Operations Engineer United States
Product Operations Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us scale our product operations globally. This role will serve as the first level of escalation on the team whose primary responsibilities include helping our customers onboard phone numbers to Twilio's platform, porting phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio’s network, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes and pre-register alphanumeric Sender IDs efficiently and effectively. This role will partner with other Ops teams, product and engineering, and sales and support to ensure our customers are successful and our operations are efficient. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking a Product Operations Engineer II who lives the Twilio Magic to join the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations. They also are/have:
- Experience working with customers directly to solve their most complex and time sensitive problems.
- A tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- Used data and/or software to make processes more efficient in a previous role.
- Built dashboards to help make metrics-driven decisions. You have experience with Excel, SQL, database queries, and you are familiar with Looker; you’re able to perform intermediate analyses.
- Thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Calm under pressure as you respond to escalations and quickly troubleshoot incidents.
- Intermediate-level expertise with respect to relevant technology and the telecom industry.
- 3+ years of experience working on an operations team.
As a Product Operations Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Design and document processes and make ongoing process improvements to ensure peak performance of the Phone Numbers Operations team
- DRAW THE OWL: Manage and expand our operations and design operational dashboards to determine the health of our operations; report out on these dashboards to internal stakeholders.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work with senior teammates and management on incident communication with carrier partners and internal stakeholders related to customer escalations and outages, create internal and/or external customer-facing reports and identify requirements for tools necessary to automate and streamline operational processes.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems for customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Participate in regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to transparently resolve ongoing issues and to proactively prevent future issues
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Effectively respond to advanced questions from customers in core area and basic questions across multiple areas requiring basic technical expertise
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$60,000 - $80,000
$50,000 - $70,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2584834