Product Marketing Manager US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will help create and enforce the value proposition of our Nexus Platform integrations and partnerships, supporting sales and marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness and demand. You will be responsible for technical marketing content, creating compelling positioning and messaging for our solutions, to position the product, business outcomes, and competitive differentiators while leading cross-functional teams to launch new products to market. You will work closely with other members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, and product management and represent Sonatype at key trade shows and field programs.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead technical marketing asset development and delivery for Nexus Platform integrations & partnerships
- Develop thought leadership, lead generation, and product collateral to maximize field sales, including: Sales tools and enablement, Customer-facing product presentations, blogs, whitepapers, demos/videos, product buying guides, case studies, technical briefs, competitive intelligence / battle cards, ROI and other tools as needed
- Product demonstrations: Working in conjunction with Sales Engineering, create and deliver effective demonstrations in support of product launches, new releases, and market awareness
- Field driven campaigns to grow and nurture leads through the sales funnel
- Evangelize and demonstrate the Nexus Platform at conferences, trade shows, and other field events
- Support product launches with product messaging for analysts and press, product collateral, and sales tools
- Develop campaigns and work with the demand generation team to develop a strategy and assets to support lead generation efforts
- Support partnership-related marketing activities as needed
As the Product Marketing Manager, you bring to the table:
- 2-3+ years of experience in B2B technology product marketing, product management, or sales engineering roles
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective demos and use cases
- Ability to coordinate cross-functionally with many teams in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiarity with tools used in the SDLC: VCSs (e.g., Git, SVN, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g., Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy etc.), container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD and DevOps is a plus
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.