Product Marketing Manager Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will help create and enforce the value proposition of the Nexus IQ Server solutions and Nexus Intelligence, supporting sales and marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness and demand. You will be responsible for technical marketing content, creating compelling positioning and messaging for our solutions, to position the product, business outcomes, and competitive differentiators while leading cross-functional teams to launch new products to market. You will work closely with other members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, and product management and represent Sonatype at key trade shows and field programs.
- Lead technical marketing asset development and delivery for part of the Nexus IQ solutions as well as Nexus Intelligence.
- Develop thought leadership, lead gen, and product collateral to maximize field sales, including:
- Sales tools and enablement: Customer-facing product presentations, blogs, whitepapers, demos/videos, product buying guides, case studies, technical briefs, competitive intelligence / battle cards, ROI and other tools as needed.
- Product demonstrations: Working in conjunction with Sales Engineering, create and deliver effective demos in support of product launches,new releases, and market awareness.
- Field-driven campaigns to grow and nurture leads through the sales funnel.
- Evangelize and demonstrate the Nexus Platform at conferences, trade shows, and other field events.
- Support product launches with product messaging for analysts and press, product collateral, and sales tools.
- Develop campaigns and work with the demand gen team to develop a strategy and assets to support lead gen efforts.
- Support partnership-related marketing activities as needed.
Who you are
- Someone with 6-8+ years of proven experience in B2B technology product marketing, product management, or sales engineering roles
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective demos and use cases.
- Able to coordinate cross-functionally with many teams in a fast-moving environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC is a plus: VCSs (e.g., git, svn, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g.,Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g. Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy etc.), container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Experience in application security / DevSecOps is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.