Product Marketing Manager - Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will help shape and communicate the value proposition of our Nexus Platform in the market. This role will engage with product management to deeply understand the market and the platform and with sales and marketing to effectively communicate product value to customers. You’ll develop content strategies, create positioning and messaging for our solutions, learn about the competition, and otherwise ensure customers understand our differentiators and product value.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Develop and deliver technical marketing assets for our Nexus platform
- Develop thought leadership content and product collateral to help our sales team win business
- Product demonstrations: Working in conjunction with Sales Engineering, create and deliver effective demonstrations in support of product launches, new releases, and market awareness
- Field driven campaigns to grow and nurture leads through the sales funnel
- Evangelize and demonstrate the Nexus Platform at conferences, trade shows, and other field events
- Support product launches with product messaging for analysts and press, product collateral, and sales tools
- Develop campaigns and work with the demand generation team to develop a strategy and assets to support lead generation efforts
- Support partnership-related marketing activities as needed
As the Product Marketing Manager, you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in B2B technology product marketing or product management.
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective demos and use cases
- Ability to coordinate cross-functionally with many teams in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiarity with tools used in software development: SCM (e.g., Git, SVN, etc.), build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g., Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, etc.), container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD and DevOps is a plus
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.