Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a product marketer with a vision for the future of communications. In this role, you will focus on supporting competitive insights for the Programmable Messaging product line, which includes SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and other channels. You will also be responsible for working with the Campaigns team to support outbound sales activities.
You will demonstrate the core attributes of an excellent product marketer. We don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are seeking a team member who:
- Has experience in product marketing, or technical marketing. Bonus points if you can build a Twilio app yourself!
- Is a strategic thinker—you like to build a deep product knowledge and determine how to highlight our key product differentiators in an impactful way.
- Is a great storyteller, and can turn a story into a presentation. You are able to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts to leave a lasting impression. As a bonus, you have experience targeting multiple segments. So in addition to developers, you've targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- Can educate and enable internal audiences to drive meaningful and impactful content.
- Has a positive attitude and can get things done. We want to talk about how you handle projects.
- Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
- Bonus: You understand the messaging provider ecosystem.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead work streams relates to key competitors; deliver and develop content to be used in conjunction with customer insights, regionalization, and competitive analysis.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with demand generation teams to help build and execute campaigns to create pipeline and partner with marketing in support of events, content marketing, and case studies.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Have outstanding presentation skills so you can stand in front of any internal teams, customers or executives, and deliver a validated narrative.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead sales training and act as the subject matter authority on all things competitive for Messaging.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work in an environment that is always in motion—manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
The product marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through outstanding messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights. At the intersection of product, sales, and marketing, the team plays an integral role in translating products, features, and services into solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2385349