Product Marketing Manager: Kubernetes and Container Operations › Home based - EMEA
For you, it has always been difficult to separate the role of Product Marketing Manager from Product Manager - as you’re equally talented at both sides of the coin. If you’re happiest right in the middle of user experience, technology, product, and go to market strategy + execution, then this role is a great fit for you.
Product Marketing Management and Product Marketing at Canonical are one and the same. Working here, you’ll find yourself surrounded by customer-centric, solution-focused, data-driven peers. Canonical supports a wide array of technologies ranging from the Ubuntu operating system, to bare metal, to the cloud, to the edge, and everything in between - from finance to physics and telco to tesla. Your colleagues are experts in their space and the opportunities for learning are limited only by your drive to understand.
Canonical is a remote-by-design enterprise, and our teams are very comfortable with remote work.
About the Role
Container technology continues to reshape enterprise technology operations. Our goal is to shape the future of cloud-native operations, across public and private infrastructure, in partnership with industry leaders. This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market for cloud-native offerings. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
- Lead across an array of cloud-native offerings
- Influence and promote dockerized content, workflows and tools on Kubernetes and other container systems.
- Develop solutions with operators and the operator pattern
- Become the connector between engineering, sales, marketing, the customer and the community
- Create content and materials to share the story of the products you work with
- Engage the Cloud Native community
- Create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences
- Research, consult, and train teams.
- Create marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts.
- Deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
- Experience in Kubernetes and cloud-native software engineering
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Experience in open source project and community leadership
- Leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- An awareness of Ubuntu, Linux, and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- A track record of data-driven decision-making
- A proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement. Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.