Product Marketing Director, Technical Demos United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Marketing Director to own the creation of compelling product demonstrations for use in high-profile keynotes as well as by partners and the field sales organization. A phenomenal demo has to be technically accurate (no shenanigans!) but also accessible to a less technical audience. It has to embody creative storytelling with a strong focus on the actual problems that real customers face.
This individual will understand our products’ capabilities at a technical level and work closely with software engineers, sales engineers, and our Developer Network teams to build demos that inspire developers and line-of-business owners, and optimally communicate our unique value proposition and differentiation. The person will craft stories that resonate with our customers to help encourage and educate them about what Twilio can do for them.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has proven experience crafting and delivering technical demos. They also have:
- 10+ years experience in developer-focused technologies, either in product management, product marketing, or developer advocacy. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong communication skills in small group settings as well as large main-stage events.
- The ability to simplify without dumbing down—to take complex developer-focused products and communicate their value to line-of-business owners
- Understanding of the needs of an enterprise sales organization and build reusable demos that assist in the selling process
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, and devices is a must.
As a Product Marketing Director, you will own how we use demos to communicate our core value propositions to customers, press, and analysts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Own and drive product demonstrations at major events, including our flagship SIGNAL conference.
- Ensure our demos work for multiple audiences — technically relevant and accurate for developers but understandable and approachable to business users.
- Partner with Product Management to deeply understand our product capabilities and develop GTM strategies to highlight the value of those capabilities in ways that are compelling for our customers
- Partner with software engineers across Twilio to ensure timely delivery of demos for key events
- Partner with the sales organization to understand their needs and develop strategies to ensure our demos are easily accessible and useful to them
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop a deep understanding of our customers problems to ensure our demos are relevant to them.
- DRAW THE OWL: There is no rule book or cookie-cutter formula to follow for creating great demos.
- DON’T SETTLE: Strive for creative story-telling in everything we do, ensure that demos are fun as well as informative.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across product development, sales, and marketing and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
Great demos are an essential part of communicating our products’ value to customers, whether that is on stage at large events such as Signal (or annual developer conference) or in 1-1 settings with customers. Our CEO is known for doing live coding demos on stage, so this role will have visibility to the highest levels of leadership in the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
$137,100.00 - $171,375.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2529860