Product Manager (Marketing) Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Product Manager (Marketing) educates people on the entire DevOps lifecycle. They communicate the value our single application that allows developers to invent, create, and deploy modern applications. In this role, you'll communicate how GitLab facilitates Concurrent DevOps so that teams can work simultaneously instead of sequentially, unleashing collaboration across organizations.
What you'll do in this role
- Qualitative customer interviews
- Prioritize frameworks to organize opportunity backlogs
- Derive key insights and patterns from customer interviews, and use that to clarify problem statements
- Story mapping, to break epics down into smaller MVC issues
- Collaborate with Design on prototypes to bring potential solutions to life
- Break epics and issues down into MVC's and run demos
- Use GitLab's Marketing site architecture, API's, and tech stack
- Make highly informed prioritization and tradeoff decisions with engineering
- Discuss and evaluate technical architecture recommendations from engineering
- Work collaboratively with peers in Marketing and Product
- Use agile development methodologies
- Communicate the business value of epics and issues
- Set success metrics for epics and issues, and track metrics post-launch to guide investment in iterative improvements
- Spend up to 20% of time researching and defining category vision and strategy
- Bring ideas to reality by surfacing ideas early and collecting feedback
- Capable written and verbal communicator internally and externally
- Build rapport with stakeholders to align around priorities
We're looking for
- Experience in product management
- Two to four years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Thorough understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Technical proficiency: you understand how software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Self-aware and understands how their interactions impact others
- Ability to use GitLab
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5416217002