Product Manager - Email Delivery and IP Management United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Manager, Email Delivery and IP Architecture (US-remote)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a technical product manager who can advocate for the customer experience when it comes to delivering highly technical improvements to our delivery and IP architecture. We are looking for someone who is prepared to learn the domain space, and partner with our architects and engineering leads to shape and assess business outcomes when it comes to technical investments. You will collaborate with other product leaders and advocate for IP and delivery improvements that align to the strategic business goals for the broader email pipeline. The ideal candidate will also have strong skills in scrum, and customer facing product delivery/release experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with our Architect and Engineering Manager to scope and sequence technology roadmap items
- Partner with our technical program management org on large cross functional initiatives that touch the IP and Delivery domain space
- Build a perspective on customer value and outcomes that we can drive through infrastructure improvements and investments
- Identify gaps and risks in workflows and orchestration layers that create customer experience problems related to IP configuration and management and mail delivery
- Participate in product strategy rhythms and represent your engineering teams during quarterly planning
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience working with scrum teams, writing epics, and participating in engineering delivery planning
- Technical acumen and ability to learn the technical domain spaces within our mail pipeline
- Product Management: be able to create business narratives and customer value narratives for highly technical features. Be able to describe ROI and risks, and use data to prioritize initiatives.
- Communicative and collaborative with other product managers in the Email Infrastructure org.
- Experience leveraging email as a channel IE sending marketing campaigns, setting up email notifications, any familiarity with the logistics of sending email at scale to support customer communications and engagement
- Scaled Agile experience, as a product manager
- Strong writing skills to produce self service technical documentation for internal customers
This role will be remote, based in the USA. Approximately 5% travel is anticipated (1-2 times per year for team building).
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4316318