Product Manager: Distribution & Packaging (Remote) Americas / EMEA
This role is remote based.
This role is for product managers that can help us work on the future of DevOps tools; specifically, building out packaging features such as Docker container registry and binary artifact management, and distribution features as as cloud-native Helm charts.
We know there are a million things we can and want to improve about GitLab. It'll be your job to work out what we are going to do and how.
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence is mixed with a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
- Significant experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Significant experience with Java development practices
- Experience in product management
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Strong technically. You understand how software is built, packaged and deployed.
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Build an attractive roadmap together with the Head of Product, VP of Product, and CEO; based on our vision
- Work out feature proposals from the community and customers
- Manage new features tailored for larger enterprises from conception to market
- Work together with UX and Frontend engineers on improving the look and feel of GitLab
- Ensure a smooth release of changes and features together with all stakeholders
- Empower the community by writing great documentation and highlighting the product in various ways in cooperation with marketing
- Finding the weak spots of GitLab and executing plans to improve them
- Work together with other stakeholders on scheduling and executing releases
- Estimating revenue impact of changes
- Have a feel for engineering effort/ROI
- Act as a general manager of a product, taking end-to-end responsibility
- Follow innovation in your product area
- Make change to increase usage of features
- Create demos to showcase current or future features
- Build a vision for the future of a product
- Talk with customers on a regular basis
- Support sales as a subject matter expert
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Head of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a Staff Developer CI/CD or our Engineering Manager of Distribution
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our Senior Product Manager, Monitoring & Distribution
- Candidates will then interview with our Vice President of Product
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!