Product Manager - Developer Experience United States
GitHub is looking for a Product Manager to work with the Ecosystem team, supporting our developer experience. Together, we will craft products and experiences which are integral to how people build on our platform. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. Hopefully, you do too.
GitHub Engineering and Product Management organizations are highly distributed, and you should welcome an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to enable every team member to do their best work, and we'll partner to do the same for you. In this position, you will work closely with the Director of Product Ecosystem and the relevant Engineering Managers. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- Guide the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company strategy.
- Act as an authority on the domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision, so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Build personal relationships and bring their voice into the creation process.
- Lead the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Manage stakeholders. Represent many points of view and be the liaison between teams throughout the organization. Be the voice of marketing, sales, finance, engineering, support, and operations.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a meaningful role in building alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is important to the job.
- Measure success. Be responsible for the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your deep understanding of the market, customers and engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 1+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products.
- Technical abilities, including experience with developer tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Familiarity with web applications and release processes and requirements.
- Experience working on APIs or permissions related products.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Proficiency in one or more major programming languages.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1253546