Product Manager (Contributors) United States
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Wikimedia is looking for an experienced and collaborative Product Manager for our Contributors team, to help build features that enable our communities to achieve our Vision: a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
Product Managers at Wikipedia work with researchers, engineers and designers to build features, products and services used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is an opportunity to ‘do good’ while having a high level of impact on a large-scale media property.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Ideate and develop new products to enable the world to consume information and participate in information production
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers and designers to define, design, and build features that delight users
- Understand the needs of users in order to prioritize new features and product enhancements for the development team
- Release early and often, getting feedback from users to help improve features
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the impact of features
- Make a difference in the world!
- Product Management experience on a consumer-facing web property
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for participatory (vs. read-only) experiences on the web
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Experience editing Wikipedia or contributing to other wiki projects
- Experience building for mobile
- Experience with open source software development
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/1598743