Product Manager, API Strategy - Segment United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio Segment, we strive to give customers the tools they need to collect, govern, synthesize and act on all of their customer data. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email! Now we are working together to build the customer engagement platform of the future.
We’re hiring a product manager to lead a team in building technical tooling, starting with a world class Public API -- opening the entire Twilio Segment platform for developers to configure and manage their Twilio Segment implementation via API. Twilio Segment’s largest customers depend on programmatic access to the Segment platform to manage and scale their Segment instances.
You’ll partner with technical internal teams, customers, and customer-facing teams to unblock complex enterprise use cases. You’ll work with a team of fantastic engineers who are passionate about our customers and ready to bring your technical solutions to life.
- 3+ years of product management and technical experience.
- You are a strategic problem solver with a strong technical product sense and are passionate about making and proving business impact.
- Experience interacting directly with customers to empathize with their problems and drive impact.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- A solid understanding of how to collaborate effectively with engineers.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Outcome-focused, not just building for the sake of building.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Deep technical experience designing developer tools and APIs.
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, or technical project manager.
As a Product Manager on the Segment Core Infra team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Advocate for our most technical users by evangelizing an API-first product approach across all product areas.
- BE BOLD: Design and prioritize highly leveraged APIs that can be used as the cornerstone for customers and internal teams alike.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Inspire and run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with Engineering, our customers, and other stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to lead our technical product strategy alongside Segment and Twilio product teams, to open up the Twilio Segment platform to internal stakeholders and customers, alike.
This is a remote position, located in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3462579