Product Director - Marketing Automation Product United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio seeks a Product Director to lead our Marketing Automation (Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns) product. This person will be responsible for leading a team of product managers, shaping product direction and working with customers to solve their problems efficiently.
As Product Director for our marketing automation product, you will be responsible for setting the vision and direction for the team for the next 3-5 years, instituting product processes that enable teams to quickly identify and solve customer problems, owning and reporting business metrics to senior leadership and working with partners across the organization to deliver a unified product.
- A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
- A leader with 10+ years of experience in product, product marketing, business development or technology leadership and experience managing product managers for at least 3 years.
- An analytical decision maker, with the demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems and drive issues to completion. Proficiency in SQL and using data to drive product decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to C-level executives at Twilio and with external partners and customers.
- Ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team.
- Experience managing a remote and diverse international team, and collaborating with engineering across multiple time zones, including Bangalore.
- Flexible leadership style and demonstrated experience working with senior product leadership to help define, distill and communicate an app product strategy.
- A master of agile processes and have managed products with 6+ scrum teams.
- MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
As Product Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values and foster them within your team:
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep your product managers connected with other product teams across the company for multiple pivotal initiatives. Provide support and mentorship that enables the team to self-organize and to predictably deliver customer value. Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation. Inclusive communication will also be critical to maintaining alignment and our culture across our global locations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with product and engineering leaders across San Francisco, Denver, Madrid, London and Bangalore to ensure the team has clear direction (the ‘why!’) and priorities rooted in customer data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Inspire your teams and manage their career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans. Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Be hands-on with the team - both product and engineering. You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in cloud-based infrastructure design and operations to recognize the important decisions your team faces and give meaningful advice, based on customer use cases.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Institute product management standard methodologies - ensure the team produces high quality customer research, understands and communicates the problem, and documents the solution (UX, APIs docs, blueprints) and GTM strategy (including pricing).
- BE AN OWNER: Foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to build up the next generation of leaders.
- Travel required - up to 25% of the time post-COVID
Our team is central to Twilio’s continued growth. We build solutions that help marketers drive engagement and growth with their customers. Our products offer marketers their own view into managing customer engagement across Twilio’s communication channels.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a remote position. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our incredible office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$177,024 - $243,408
Rest of Colorado:
$165,960 - $228,195
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2526224