Product Designer Worldwide
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You are a problem solver. You have previous experience working in a Product Design role previously (or equivalent graduate school work in a relevant degree program such as HCI, Human Factors, etc., internship experience, and freelance work). You also have a strong portfolio of past projects that you are willing to share with us. We are specifically looking for individuals with strong visual and interaction design skills, and we are hoping this individual can bring an innovative and fresh perspective to our great team of very practical design practitioners and doers.
What You Will Do:
As a Product Designer at Formstack, you'll work with Designers, Products Managers, Product Marketers, Engineers, and more to discover and refine the why, what, how, and for who of our products. You will take functions and features from idea to business case, to low-fidelity exploration, to high-fidelity prototypes.
How You Will Succeed:
- Plan for and lead meetings and work around assigned initiatives
- Understand customer needs and wants—especially related to particular product features and functions—through a combination of customer interaction and research
- Partner with an Interaction Designer to explore, document, and refine product processes and flows
- Design wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Test proposed solutions at multiple stages of the design process
- Share your research, insights, and work in progress with your team and across the company
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience
- BA degree or higher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with product development teams
- User Experience design as a significant part of your previous work/jobs
- Experience translating business and customer requirements into sublime product interfaces
- Design fundamentals:
- Visual/graphic design
- Industry standards for web application design
- Information design
- Significant experience with relevant design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CS…)
- Experience working on a UX team and within a design library.
- Experience with designing, running, and analyzing user tests.
- Experience designing for mobile apps (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) and the mobile web.
- Familiarity with the React.js and React Native frameworks.
Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000 per year (USD)
This is a Remote (work from anywhere) position.
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!