Product Designer, WooCommerce Worldwide
Product Designer, WooCommerce
We are big fans of open-source philosophy and are committed to contributing to the greater WordPress community. We recognize the importance of having strong relationships outside our own community and customer base and keep a lookout for ways to partner with and create business for others.
What you’ll be doing:
Objective #1: Design world-class ecommerce tools and resources to help merchants and third party developers make their businesses more successful.
- Research: Coordinate and conduct user interviews and usability testing. Partner with researchers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define user problems and needs based on this research.
- Communicate: Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and design rationale in written form as well as verbally and visually to gain alignment and move the work forward.
- Design: Design at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale — taking into consideration the full customer journey, touchpoints, mobile, and product experience.
- Execute: Work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for our merchants.
- Iterate & Validate: Iterate on designs according to research and feedback, validating your work with data and real users.
Objective #2: Contribute to user interface design process and practices at Automattic.
- Grow Our Design Community: Collaborate with other members of the design team by giving feedback to continually improve each other’s work, and the design process itself.
- Evolve Our Design Process: Help improve our design system and process by actively connecting with other designers across the company.
Have you done this before?
Do you have extensive experience building and improving upon products with a cross functional team?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and a half-page write-up answering the following question:
What is the product design accomplishment that you are most proud of? Speak specifically about a time when you improved an existing product.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.