Product Designer / Senior Product Designer, Distribution Remote, EMEA
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
You will work 1:1 with a Product Manager and be embedded in our Distribution Build & Deploy groups as a Product Designer or Senior Product Designer at GitLab. The Distribution Build & Deploy groups at GitLab are responsible for making it easy to deploy, maintain, and update a self-managed GitLab instance and ensure it is highly available for a company's users.
- You'll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, other Product Designers, and Engineers to iterate on new features and user journeys in GitLab.
- You'll develop a UX vision for Distribution and deliver upon this vision iteratively.
- You'll utilize wireframes, prototypes, sketches, user flows, mockups, hi-fidelity visual designs, and any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas.
- You'll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to achieve their goals.
- You'll conduct 1:1 interviews and contextual enquiry with users who bring deep knowledge of the GitLab product and will convert those interviews into user requirements.
- You'll partner with UX Researchers & PMs on problem validation studies to understand the problem space you're operating within.
- You'll leverage solution validation studies to validate your solutions and proposed directions.
- You'll drive improvements to the user experience in a technically complex & mature product area.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Product Designer workflow by reading our handbook.
- You want to help shape the direction of our Distribution group and contribute to the designs that deliver on that vision.
- You bring some knowledge of developer workflows and the different environments developers work in (e.g. CLI, IDE, UI). You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding experience, your experience with Git, your experiences designing for Developers.
- You love diving into complex problems and are excited by the prospect of operating as a Product Designer in an ambiguous problem space.
- You enjoy getting involved in discovery research and solution validation, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You're able to showcase work that shows us your ability to create the deliverables required for this role. For example, Data Visualizations, JTBD, competitive evaluations, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, design vision, and so on.
- You're able to effectively collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Engineering partners.
- The idea of playing a part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity, Iteration, and Transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
The culture at GitLab is something we're incredibly proud of. You'll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the world.
Some of the benefits you'll be entitled to vary by the region or country you're in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don't count the number of days you take off annually.
You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We'll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and, every year or so, we'll invite you to our Contribute event.
The hiring process for this Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process can be found at the bottom of our job family page. Our compensation calculator will be shared with candidates selected for a screening call.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6504375002