Product Designer - Segment United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Segment Storage group within Twilio is looking for a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about creating high quality, modern solutions to complex engineering problems and help define the future of Customer Data Platforms. In this role, you’ll collaborate daily with product managers, engineers, and designers to provide a world-class experience to our partners, customers, and internal teams alike.
We are looking for a designer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working in a fast paced and iterative environment. They also have:
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to develop product strategy
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed perspective to design
- A relentless customer-focused approach to design
- 2+ years of experience — ideally working in B2B, data infrastructure, or similar product experiences (but totally cool if not!)
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
As a Product Designer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term investments for Integrations
- BE BOLD: Play an active role in product strategy and vision for your team — not just “how this feature should look”, but more importantly… “what should we build?” More on how we do that here!
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work alongside your cross-functional team and design lead to iterate towards incredibly intuitive, elegant user experiences for our customers and partners
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with research to deeply understand customer needs for your product area, and anchor your team in those insights as well
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate with our product design team to craft an end-to-end Segment product experience that empowers, delights and excites our users
- BE AN OWNER: Leverage our design system to solve customer problems creatively — and contribute to said design system, Evergreen, along the way!
The Segment Storage group is responsible for products that are critical to building a Customer Data Platform. Our mission is to help businesses unlock customer insights and make better decisions faster and cheaper by creating a suite of industry-leading storage and compute services inside the Segment customer data platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is open for remote locations anywhere in the USA . Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Okay, last thing. A little bit about our design team…
We are a small but mighty group of about seventeen. Some of us are super into watching a really good movie, and can definitely give you great recommendations there, while others are really into Netflix reality shows. And some of us have been pretty productive in this last year indoors by taking up illustration, or you know, raising our kids. And don’t worry — we’ve brought on quite a few people remotely now, so we’re getting the hang of it.
But mostly, we’re a group of people who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and the ability to work on some really cool, complex problems together. You’ll find us hanging out in the same Figma file during a design brainstorm, or trying not to get killed during a team game of Among Us. If a deeply kind, fun, collaborative team sounds like fun to you, well… we encourage you to apply! We’d love to have you.
This may feel like a lot, so we highly encourage you to apply even if you’re not 100% certain you meet all the criteria for this job. If you think you’d be a great fit here, there’s a good chance we will, too.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Tier 4 base salary range:
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range:
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3456795