Product Designer - Lift (2018892) Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who is Sonatype?
At Sonatype, we believe in the power of distributed organizations. So, when it comes to hiring, we don't limit ourselves by recruiting in specific locations. We are 600+ employees that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. Just like this role, our design team is fully remote. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complicated problems with the hard work and flexibility required to get high quality working software into the hands of our customers.
What do we do?
We are the leader in software supply chain automation technology with over 1,000 enterprise customers, and is trusted by more than 10 million software developers. Sonatype enables teams and developers to automatically integrate security at every stage of the development pipeline by combining in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation mentorship.
About the role?
- Sonatype is seeking a product UX designer to translate business and technology needs into clean and customer-focused solutions. Product designers at Sonatype develop deep expertise in the product they specialize in designing for. You’ll be responsible for your work and solutions as you collaborate, research, design, and test in an agile environment. The solutions you contribute will be thoughtful, easy to use, inclusive, appropriately scaled, and display a high level of craft.
What you'll do?
- Deliver high-quality, innovative, and thoughtful designs that are customer centric, simple, and intuitive
- Work closely with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, and other business partners as needed to ensure your team builds the right things, at the right time, for the right customers
- Facilitate design problem solving with your product team
- Work with developers to ensure designs are implemented to high-quality standards
- Support and contribute to the success of the Sonatype Design Studio by participating in critiques with other designers and collaboratively improving our style guide and pattern library
- Mentor and assist junior designers and interns in your focus area
What you bring?
- Passion for UX, well-crafted products, and cross-team collaboration
- Transparency, authenticity, and empathy
- Experience in core areas of product design such as information architecture, UI design, user research, and interaction design
- Experience in building a wide range of experience design work, including wireframes, prototypes, design systems, journey maps, and high-fidelity mocks
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on projects
- Ability to communicate innovation and design concepts to stakeholders using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Ability to facilitate inceptions, brainstorms, user testing, and client feedback activities with users, clients, and team members
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the depth and breadth of your design and product experience
- Preferred: Experience working with enterprise software/developer tools, or technical background
Things we are proud of?
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.