Product Design Manager - Twilio Engage United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Design Manager with Twilio Engage.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed for Twilio’s continued growth and will help us build the platform that marketers use to engage their customers. As a product design manager with Twilio Engage you will enable, unblock, and inspire a team of direct reports in efforts of building a best-in-class marketing platform while developing each designer. You will partner with the Head of Design for Twilio Engage to iterate on operations, recruiting, and culture to ensure the team has what they need to do the best work in an amazing and inclusive environment. Ideally, you’re a design leader that can work across teams and functions to influence product roadmap in order to deliver an ideal experience for our customers.
Twilio Engage is a new product and the culmination of the Twilio-Segment acquisition. It is a growth marketing tool built on top of the #1 customer data platform which leverages Twilio’s world-class messaging APIs. Since customer experience is both critical for success and a key differentiator, the design team is growing fast!
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage, develop, and inspire a team of top designers and design leads.
- Understand and influence the business unit’s roadmap to ensure designers are working on the right initiatives at the right time.
- Drive the design of value creating documents and standardize best practices for others to leverage.
- Identify big product opportunity areas and craft the ideal state vision.
- Ensure team BPMs (big picture, priorities, & measures) are met and drive cross-functional progress/decisions.
- Work alongside your cross-functional team and design lead to iterate towards incredibly intuitive, elegant user experiences for our customers and partners.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A stellar track records growing designers: you have unblocked, grown, and inspired designers of varying levels of seniority
- A hunger for cross-functional collaboration: you do your best work when partnering with product, engineering, sales, and more to drive alignment and clarity.
- A passion for solving hard problems: you love getting into the details, as well as building the systems and infrastructure that take our design practice from good to great
- A strong product presence: you are able to swiftly navigate a company building a complex tool with many moving parts, and influence strategy accordingly
- An end-to-end skill set: you possess a strong grounding in everything from product thinking to and solid visual skills to be able to manage end to end design processes
- An advocacy skill set: you can define strategies, ideas and concepts and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Experience designing for B2B marketing tools
- Experience refining design operational cadence: from how we critique to how we collaborate and have fun
- Experience with organizational design and hiring designers of vary levels of seniority
This role will be remote, based in the United States.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $116,312 - $166,160.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3578647