Product Design Manager, Messaging United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Product Design Manager to grow, manage, and mentor a team of Product Designers in building incredible experiences that our customers love and value. As part of Twilio’s Global UX organization, this position will promote customer advocacy, partner with our cross-functional peers through our proven customer-focused product development practice, build effective working relationships, champion strong team results, and foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work.
Twilio is looking for a Product Design Manager who:
- Has 6+ years in a user experience, product design, or a related field with demonstrated leadership to product designers; An ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience mentoring or leading other designers.
- Has previously worked as a senior or lead individual contributor in UX or product design.
- Has first-hand experience in applying research methodologies such as user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, and journey mapping.
- Has applied design thinking methodologies and agile within product design teams.
- An ideal candidate has worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
As our Product Design Manager, you will:
- Don’t Settle: Uphold and evolve our brand and Design System. Maintain an extremely high bar for quality and consistency through critiques, UX principles, and reviews.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionately vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, and go-to-market activities.
- Empower Others: Be a proud people manager. Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, and invest in professional development. Develop a sense of UX community and pride.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize and Write it Down: Coach your team on how to break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Be Inclusive: Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate and connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to share learnings, align priorities, and identify opportunities for improvements to process or people.
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the vision for Twilio’s products
The UX team at Twilio is a close-knit, collaborative group, who cares deeply about building trust with our customers and solving their problems. We work closely with product and engineering leadership to guide product strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2408119