Procurement Specialist Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our aspiring project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Procurement Specialist to support our Procurement, Finance and Accounting team. You will support the Finance & Administration teams and departmental business requesters with procurement needs performing all tactical operational purchase needs. You will also collaborate with internal and external sources to ensure all elements of the “P2P” purchase commitments are made.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Track and process all incoming purchase requisitions (Goods and Services) to ensure they are complete, accurate and adhering with our internal business requirements/controls.
- On-board New Vendor requests
- Manage the procurement credit card purchases ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed within the system on-time
- Create Purchase Orders and assist with vendor management activities
- Manage terms signing requirements tying them to the applicable PO commitment to vendors
- Complete monthly management close activities related to PO commitments (manage open PO report)
- Assist with resolution PO related invoice discrepancies
- Prepare and manage reports to support and/or augment business processes and system tool capabilities
- Provide sourcing services where needed or requested
- Complete other purchasing, contract, and misc. tasks as required or assigned
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience
- Understanding of expense accounting treatments and their application to PO commitments (i.e.: Capex, Prepays, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience with ERP systems - particularly the Purchasing, Inventory & Accounting modules
- Experience with MS & Google Suites (i.e.: .xls, word, visio, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously to produce accurate and timely deliverables
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Business Management and/or at least 5 years of applicable work experience
- Experience with Business Systems - Coupa, Sage Intacct Accounting System and Docusign
- Familiarity with financial controls and accounting principles
- Experience negotiating contract business terms, creating contracts and/or writing “scopes of work”
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays - including the last week of the year
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Paid travel to Wikimedia Foundation events all around the world!
- Equipment including a laptop, monitor, plus a one-time stipend to cover any additional needs to make sure you have the best work experience
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/2596503