Privacy Governance Analyst United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Privacy Governance Analyst!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Privacy Governance Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has helped implement or mature a privacy governance program in a fast-growing publicly-traded technology company.
As our CEO Jeff Lawson has said, “Trust is the number one thing we sell in the cloud.” And, upholding high standards of data privacy is part of building and keeping the trust of our customers and employees. That is why we’re looking for a self-directed team player who will help build out, scale, and maintain our privacy governance program to help Twilio meet and exceed our global data privacy obligations and commitments.
In this role, you’ll:
- Implement and improve upon our Privacy Governance program. And, find innovative ways to develop and mature privacy governance processes that ensure we maintain high privacy standards while supporting and enabling the business.
- Implement governance program policies and procedures, identifying process improvements where applicable.
- Understand your internal “customer” groups’ business needs and privacy governance requirements and work with teams across the organization to guide scalable solutions to operationalize these requirements.
- Serve as an internal privacy subject matter expert and advocate for data privacy best practices.
- Advise the business in a professional, ethical way regarding privacy.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 6+ years of Professional Experience with 2+ years dedicated to significant privacy focus during this time; a CIPP, CIPM and/or CIPT certification(s).
- Experience in supporting cross functional privacy initiatives such as GDPR, CCPA or other compliance frameworks
- Experience partnering with teams across the organization to conduct privacy reviews as part of a broader vendor due diligence review program.
- Support the day-to-day vendor review program and assess processes for improvement
- Experience tracking and reporting metrics and KPI's for various in-flight projects to leadership and raising potential issues proactively
- Ability to engage with various cross functional business teams independently and manage work streams with limited oversight and define and operationalize privacy governance requirements within a vendor due diligence program.
- Work independently to partner with teams across different parts of the organization to conduct privacy impact assessments and guide the business in implementing good data privacy practices.
- Ability to dig into PII & data flows from a technical perspective. Experience working for a US based fast paced, fast growing, public tech SaaS company.
This role can be located remotely and can be anywhere in the United States. Approximately 10% of travel is expected.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well with compensation that aligns with your location.
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408 - $124,784.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3546825