Privacy Engineering Manager Remote Germany, Remote UK, Remote France, Berlin office, Remote US, Remote Canada, Toronto Office
Engineering Manager, Privacy Team
Are you passionate about Privacy and the Open Web? Do you want to ship software to a large user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to advance current browser security architecture to make the web a safer place for users?
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and restricted. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help manage the Privacy Team supporting the Firefox Web Platform.
As an Engineering Manager at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead a distributed team of software engineers working on Firefox Web Platform privacy features to prevent all forms of unhealthy user tracking
- Mentor and guide a diverse team with key skills, empathizing with their needs
- Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is well planned and of high quality
- Advocate on behalf of your team to keep them unblocked at all times and get them the resources they need
- Communicate openly within Mozilla, the Firefox user base and open source community
Your Professional Profile:
- At least 3 years of leadership and/or people management experience
- Experience with web architecture, ideally in privacy or security
- Proven ability to deliver and maintain complex software projects
- Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution
- Strong leadership skills: you can identify the most high value projects and keep your team passionate about these projects
- Ability to mentor geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1974
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4472163