Privacy Counsel Anywhere in US /
Articulate is seeking a Privacy Counsel to join our amazing team.
The Privacy Counsel will be an integral member of our growing Legal team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Law. We’re seeking a highly adaptable, collaborative, personable attorney with excellent communication skills who can manage rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This person must have strong problem-solving skills, including managing through ambiguity, and is able to work autonomously and partner within the Legal group and across the organization.
What you'll do:
- ● Provide business-focused legal advice on global data privacy requirements (including GDPR, CCPA/CPRA)
- Scale the privacy program and team
- Update risk assessments and prepare a privacy roadmap
- Review and refine internal privacy notices, policies, and compliance documents (e.g., Articulate 30; DPIA)
- Review internal processes and make risk-based recommendations
- Contribute to privacy and security training
- Support the Compliance team as needed on privacy certifications
- Support the Security team on any incident response, including evaluating existing processes and policies
- Provide counsel on data subject access requests and processes
- Review marketing materials for privacy-related compliance
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including Compliance, Security, Marketing, and others.
- Act as the escalation point for privacy-related commercial terms, and serve as a subject matter expert for the ongoing development of privacy templates and playbooks.
- Follow developments in global privacy laws and update systems and processes as necessary to remain compliant with laws and act consistent with best practices.
What you should have:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. law school, and active admission in at least one state Bar, CIPP/US and/or CIPP/EU certification is a plus
- Five or more years of experience developing privacy programs, ideally for a high-growth SaaS or other tech organizations
- Deep understanding of privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA/CPRA
- Able to assess and manage risks strategically, and partner across the organization to find business-friendly solutions
- Practical experience in incident response management
- Aligned with Articulate’s human centered culture and mindset
- A “roll up your sleeves,” team-oriented mindset, able to act quickly and decisively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and G-Suite, and ideally with Slack
- Located within the United States
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.