Principal Software Engineer - Segment Cloud (HIPPA) United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a founding principal engineer on the HIPAA team in the Segment Cloud group, you will help us bootstrap this team and expand our business in Health and Life Sciences (HLS). As part of this team you will be working with an incredibly talented team of senior engineers, managers and product leads across the company to help ship products in HLS space.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working in a fast paced and iterative environment. They also have:
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Engineer or another similar role
- Has been a founding member and technical lead for a mission critical team
- Comfortable working with ambiguity that comes with a new team and mission
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, sense of ownership, and drive
- Experience building very large scale, cost effective and resilient distributed (data) systems
- Experience operating systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C++, or similar languages
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS) and Cloud native networking
- Have hands-on experience in operating event-based systems (e.g. Kafka) capable of processing millions of events per second and petabytes of data each month
- Have lead teams, large cross organizational projects and been an architect of mission critical systems
As a principal software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Architect and build the next generation of cloud platform that works in highly regulated environments
- BE BOLD: Build globally available and highly scalable distributed systems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with teams across the R&D org to ensure their needs are met by our platform
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Mentor other engineers in the organization on technical architecture and design
- DON’T SETTLE: Participate in driving Segment as a market leader in the development of Open Source Software like kafka-go, chamber, kubeapply, etc.
- BE AN OWNER: Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical infrastructure
The newly formed HIPAA team has the ambitious mission of building and enhancing Segment products and services to help expand our business in highly regulated environments like Health Care and Life Sciences (HLS). As the founding member of the team you will have a chance to bootstrap and lead the team. This includes setting the strategic direction and coordinating efforts around the safe and compliant use and handling of protected health information (PHI). You’ll have a chance to work directly with an incredibly talented team of senior engineers and product leads to help ship products. You’ll also help with driving the strategic direction across teams for Segment’s expansion into this key market vertical, liasing between Go-to-market (GTM,) Legal, Security and Marketing.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is for remote locations anywhere in the USA . Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$176,080 - $220,100
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
This role will be remote in the US.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4302234