Principal Software Engineer (L5) - Segment Integrations United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer (L5) - Segment Integrations
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are looking for someone to help shape the long term vision of our Segment Integrations infrastructure and developer platform. Segment Integrations streams over 1T events per month in near real-time to power a variety of customer focused use cases. We’ve come a long way in from way too many microservices powering integrations to building out our own stateful delivery service: Centrifuge. As we look towards the future of continuing to scale and support new use cases around developer extensibility and observability, we are looking for a strong, technical leader to take us to the next level.
In this role, you’ll:
- With the help of the team, you would own and evolve critical infrastructure that processes our event streaming destination data handling close to 1M events per second
- Build a runtime for untrusted developer-submitted integration code that scales cost effectively
- Level up our infrastructure to speed up deployments and certification of new deployments
- Collaborate with other engineering and product leads to define the technical strategy for this area
- Be focused, driven, and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- Be empathetic, patient, and love to help your teammates grow.
- Have experience running services in production and take software engineering practices seriously. You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- Thrive in a fast paced and iterative environment. You are driven more by customer impact than technology.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A proven track record of owning high volume, mission critical Node.js services.
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications and distributed systems (e.g., well-designed APIs, efficient algorithms).
- Experience and expertise building API products. We are looking for experience with GraphQL, REST and relational databases.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3718119