Principal Software Engineer (L5) - Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Software Engineer (L5) to become a member of the Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure (CDaX) organization with the focus on data engineering services based in the USA (remote). This will be a senior level position and your responsibility will be to help define strategies and deliver end-to-end data processing and persistence solutions that deliver high performance architectures at a very large scale.
Twilio is looking for a highly technical professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record in multi-functional data driven initiatives. Additionally:
- Must have the ability to architect structured and unstructured data models in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, and data integrity requirements around extra large data sets (on order of billions per day).
- Solid experience in programming languages and various technologies such as : distributed storage, stream analytics, lambda architecture, Relational, KV, Document Store along with understanding of databases, SQL, NOSQL, NEWSQL, is a must. Kubernetes and container orchestration is a plus. Databricks, Snowflake, Segmentation experience is desired.
- Experience with application data flows and ability to bridge the gap between technical and business application requirements, and translating business/technical concepts to clearly communicate and present to varying audiences.
- Knowledge of One or more data modeling tools, diagramming and artifact generation and presentation skills are required with understanding of software and data architecture patterns and anti-patterns with trade-offs is a must-have skill.
- Knowledge of TOGAF, ATAM or other architecture frameworks is a plus.
- Consistent record of designing and delivering secure and cost efficient big data processing solutions.
- Operational experience: demonstrable ability to deliver fault tolerant, highly available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments.
As Principal Software Engineer (L5) - Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure, you will live the Twilio Magic and:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in figuring out appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale big data queries and storage.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with Sr Architects and other engineers to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
- BE INCLUSIVE: To achieve our goals, we need a diverse set of voices in the room. Build diverse teams, and seek out unique points of view..
Our platform processes Billions of events/day! Continuing to evolve the CDaX platform to enable additional product offerings that provide deep operational and analytical insights around the key metrics of business units is important to our customers and the success of their business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
This role will be remote based in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4273421