Principal Software Engineer - Continuous Delivery United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer - Continuous Delivery
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and Platform Engineering is growing with it. Our organization provides all Twilio engineers with compelling, continuously improving, cloud-scale development platforms – freeing up our engineers to focus solely on their products and their customers. We are focused on Continuous Delivery at enterprise scale.
The Continuous Delivery team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to develop our software and infrastructure deployment systems to scale with Twilio’s growth. These continuous delivery systems are essential to developer efficiency and incident reduction. If you are deeply passionate about enabling fellow engineers, and solving sophisticated infrastructure problems with software, you are a great fit for our team.
The Twilio Platform Engineering organization empowers every Twilio developer to do their best work at Twilio. The Continuous Delivery team is dedicated to providing services that enable developers to deploy safely, confidently, and efficiently. In this way we contribute to Twilio’s top priority - building and maintaining customer trust.
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER: You own services from end to end. You care just as much about customer experience as you do about operational maturity and scalability. You think about the full lifecycle of the products you develop.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You empower customers and the team alike. You empower customers by understanding their needs and advocating for them. You empower the team by raising the bar both technically and otherwise.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You can sift through countless competing requests and maintain focus on the highest priority. You enjoy breaking down complex problems to identify the most important and impactful work to do.
- DRAW THE OWL: You can lead the team through ambiguous problems, inviting collaboration and driving toward solutions. You champion meticulous, high quality engineering, and you are a role model for software development.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You drive decisions through writing.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You are enthusiastic about developer platforms for continuous delivery of software and infrastructure changes.
- You have experience with developing continuous delivery workflows on top of large multi-tenant Kubernetes clusters.
- You have experience working with Terraform and building platforms to automate toil and minimize human error.
- You have experience owning mission-critical services in a large-scale, enterprise environment based in AWS.
- You have experience developing, configuring, debugging, and scaling distributed systems on a flavor of Unix.
- You have a passion for automation engineering and enabling repeatable and reliable success for other developers.
- You have a strong technical and architectural vision, and can collaborate across team boundaries to execute it.
- You are an experienced software engineer who is passionate, empathetic, and focused on the whole team's success.
- You have demonstrated experience mentoring junior engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- You have 7+ years of relevant work experience, or a degree supplemented with relevant experience in the field.
This position is in the US, either in Denver, CO or remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4007425