Principal Software Engineer - Technical Lead, Reliability Engineering United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and WhyWho?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Principal Engineer and Technical Lead who is passionate about building software platforms for other Twilio engineering teams, delivering force-multiplying software solutions that keep Twilio shipping products with quality and velocity. You are the right fit for this role if you:
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through the software experiences you create.
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs, and with your sound decision making and technical creativity,
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
You’ll bring your deep experience with software testing and platform engineering, along with agile development practices to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed.
A successful day means you have:
- Worked with your team providing engineering leadership and ensuring your resources are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- Focused on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts hundreds of Twilio developers.
- Spent time with customer engineering managers and developers to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that empower them to introduce change with quality and speed.
- Made sure to connect with your team, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence.
The Resilience Engineering team enables Twilio builders to create unique experiences that will fuel the future of communications by delivering testing capabilities that allow teams to successfully test their software in a multitude of ways - from load testing to failure injection. The Resilience Engineering team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for a comprehensive and integrated software testing experience. You are not centralized quality assurance or quality engineering. You develop software that eliminates the need for specialized testers. Twilio is a company that empowers the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Resilience Engineering team plays a vital role in building out key products and capabilities that allow our developers to meet their commitment of delivering compelling software solutions quickly and with confidence. We would love for you to help us build this.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale St in San Francisco, CA. or Remote You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/1305141