Principal Project Manager, M&A United States
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Principal Project Manager, M&A
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Operational Project Manager to lead key strategic M&A integration initiatives for Twilio’s Technical Services department. The person in this role will work closely with the M&A Integration team and a team of cross-department functional leads. Reporting to the Director of M&A IT Integrations, this position is critical in driving project management as a center of excellence for Twilio. This role will have the opportunity to build an integration ‘Center of Excellence’ from the ground up, and will have exposure to senior leadership at Twilio as we continue to build Twilio’s M&A integration muscle.
As a Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide oversight for the development of playbooks that define the baseline process and activities for Tech Services integration, including IT Services, AV Services, EndPoint Management, Systems Operations, Business Systems, Network Operations, Enterprise Data, and Business Intelligence.
- DRAW THE OWL: Leadership for developing the Tech Service integration strategy and plan.
- BE BOLD: Form and lead cross-functional Tech Services diligence and integration teams based on the acquisition strategic rationale and integration size / scope. Ensure alignment across Tech Services leadership / functions on strategy, plan, risks and decisions, cascading communications and managing stakeholder expectations.
- BE AN OWNER: Jointly develop the employee experience strategy with the Integration Management Office and the People team, ensuring alignment with the overall integration strategy and roadmap. Create a budget process for integrations to include both capital expenditures and ongoing operational costs. Identify and develop process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Tech Services integration team and improve the quality of integration efforts
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide oversight for coordinated workstream integration plan development that aligns with the Tech Services strategic roadmap.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Listen closely to deeply understand business problems and solve the problems from the customer’s perspective.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help Tech Services become a trusted business partner by building trust through every interaction with fellow Twilions.
In addition to the above responsibilities and as a key leader for acquisition integration, you will represent and lead Tech Services strategy and planning through all phases of the deal and integration life cycle, including participating in acquisition due diligence and preliminary integration planning to inform deal approval and announcement, followed by detailed strategy and integration planning and execution. You will interact extensively across functional teams within Twilio and have exposure to executive leadership.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Tech Services Operations and Integration professional who lives the Twilio Magic and also has:
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant Technical Operations experience, preferably at a leading technology company
- 5+ years experience leading / participating in M&A integrations
- Strong project management skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead teams and projects
- Ability to understand technical services such as software, end point hardware, enterprise systems, data, and network infrastructure to identify integration opportunities, discuss technical requirements, and engage with technical managers and engineers on solutions
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, SAAS, APIs, communications, and enterprise software is a plus
- Experienced communicator and able to collaborate with diverse sets of technical, non-technical, on-site, and remote people across different teams and business functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
This role will be located Remote in the US. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728.00-$151,040.00
(Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3814708