Principal Program Manager, Talent Management United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Principal Program Manager, Talent Management to craft the strategy and implement core talent processes and systems for our 5,000+ Twilions globally. As a member of the Talent Management’s Talent Planning & Assessment team, you will be responsible for: 1) designing and implementing our talent review and succession planning processes to identify critical talent needs and to ensure that we have a diverse, equitable pipeline of leaders at every level; 2) evolving our performance management system and creating a culture of feedback at Twilio; and 3) leading the enterprise enablement to help leaders set bold priorities for our next phase of growth.
You’re a big-picture thinker that brings bold new ideas from your past experience at other global organizations. You can turn those big ideas into a strategy that is grounded in what’s right for Twilio based on your strong business acumen and relationships with our senior leaders. You’re also not afraid to throw out the playbook to try something new or test an innovative idea. You can shift gears from that big-picture thinking and easily roll up your sleeves to lead and deliver those key initiatives.
You live the Twilio Magic and have a demonstrated track record of designing and managing enterprise-wide people processes to ensure robust, diverse talent pipelines required to meet business objectives. You also have:
- 12+ years of experience in HR and/or Talent Management
- Proven track record leading large scale, global processes and projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders that require robust change management and communication
- Subject matter expertise in designing and implementing talent review, succession planning, and/or performance management processes
- Experience building career development frameworks as the foundation for an internal talent marketplace
- Experience partnering with Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion teams to build and ensure equity in core talent processes
- Strong business acumen and credibility to accurately anticipate the impact of business events on talent needs
- Proven capability to engage and influence top management decisions and negotiate with stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in business terms
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Organizational Effectiveness or a related field preferred
As a Principal Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values and lead one or more of these projects in your first year:
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead the vision, strategy, and implementation of Twilio’s internal talent marketplace. Starting in year 1, you’ll lay the foundation with clear career frameworks for 5,000+ Twilions and build the roadmap that helps to ensure every Twilion can easily build a career at Twilio.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES, BE AN OWNER: Lead the enterprise-wide performance management strategy and system that will ensure a high-performing workforce; design the talent review and succession management processes for identifying and ensuring a strong bench of ready candidates for key roles.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: Partner with the Chief of Staff’s Office to lead enterprise enablement for our priority setting process (BPMs) at a scale for 700+ Twilio managers, ensuring that all of our teams have bold priorities and set clear direction for and with their teams.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Design and activate a feedback culture at Twilio that ensures that all Twilions know where they stand, how they can improve, and how to get to their next opportunity.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with business leaders, HRBPs, and Exec TA to identify needs and gaps for leadership roles, D&I, bench talent, and other strategic talent segments; provide HR and L&D teams with relevant org and talent insights.
- BE BOLD: Work with executives and HRBPs to ensure that key talent gains critical experience and exposure; consult with HR and L&D to ensure that key talent in the pipeline is being developed at an appropriate rate, quality and quantity.
We work closely with leadership and management across the organization to develop Twilio’s most important resource: our people. We need to continue to ensure that we have the right talent, in the right place, at the right time. We also need to ensure that we maintain a healthy, high performing organization, where Twilions can do the best work of their careers. The Talent Planning & Assessment team is responsible for the mechanisms that help to make that happen at scale.
Now that we are an increasingly diverse, distributed and complex workforce, our work is even more critical as we work to provide predictable, stable, scalable, and impactful assessment and development opportunities to the entire organization.
We play an integral role for the broader Talent Management team as well. We create the infrastructure that informs how we develop our leaders (i.e., Leadership Development team) and how we develop all Twilions (i.e., Talent Development team).
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $145,376
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2597762