Principal Program Manager, Organizational Effectiveness United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Program Manager, Organizational Effectiveness.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to craft strategies, programs and mechanisms in driving the transformation of how we work with a mission to make it easy to work effectively at Twilio and to establish us as a globally recognized great place to build a career. We're looking for someone who is passionate about helping the organization adapt to changing needs by using data-driven methods to analyze and evaluate our organizational engagement, efficiency and performance while promoting a strong and equitable experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Architect and lead initiatives that foster an innovative employee experience optimized for a distributed workforce - influencing and affecting operational practices, behavior, real estate and space usage, communication methods, geographies and tools all ultimately to affect our culture.
- Lead the enterprise-wide employee experience survey strategy and system to ensure that our people strategies are grounded in relevant data and that our organizational interventions are thoughtfully measured and reported on.
- Design and activate tools and mechanisms to drive team clarity and effectiveness across Twilio, ensure that all Twilions are connected, clear, and fully contributing as part of impactful, thoughtfully connected teams.
- Partner with the Chief of Staff’s Office to level up our company-wide priority setting process (BPMs) at a scale for 1000+ Twilio managers, ensuring that all of our teams have bold priorities and set clear direction for and with their teams.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience in Organizational Development or related field
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development or a related field preferred
- Proven track record leading large scale, global processes and projects end-to-end with multiple collaborators that require robust change management and communication
- Subject matter expertise and experience in designing and implementing organizational assessment and organizational interventions
- Experience partnering with Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion teams to build and ensure equity in core organizational processes and systems
- Experience partnering with talent and leadership development teams to drive organizational effectiveness strategies
- Strong business acumen and credibility to accurately anticipate the impact of business events on org and talent needs
- Proven capability to engage and influence top management decisions and negotiate with partners
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in business terms
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines
This role will be remote in the US.
Approximately <10%> travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728 - $166,144
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3799867