Principal Program Manager - CIO United States
Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is seeking an internal audit Program Manager to join our CIO organization as we scale for current and future growth and carry out the overall IT policies & procedures and adherence to those policies, procedures and internal controls. We strive for an effective and efficient process and control environment. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their strong IT, process, risks (including IT SOX) and controls and project management skills to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast growing company. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT and operational processes. Additionally, the Program Manager will drive remediation effort of outstanding control deficiencies. The Program Manager will champion policies, internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 5+ years of program management experience preferably in a global organization.
- Assist with establishing/updating IT policies and ensuring adherence to those policies and procedures, including IT general controls around access management, change management, Software Development Life Cycle processes and controls, as well as other relevant IT compliance.
- The role will drive control deficiency remediations to ensure compliance.
- Leverage their experience with COBIT, IT compliance (including IT General controls) to coach and train IT process and application owners to perform and monitor appropriate and timely performance of controls
- Liaise and coordinate effort between management, Internal and External auditors, as well as other audits or reviews done by teams related to SOC II, system security, contingency plans, etc, this includes setting appropriate meetings and gathering data and information from departments as necessary.
- Perform routine compliance audits and reviews of processes and procedures as directed.
- Ensure adherence to internal and external auditing requirements and standards as adopted by the internal and external audit teams.
- Serve as a value-added member of the organization in monitoring the design and proper functioning of internal control policies and procedures to help improve organizational performance.
- You will be responsible for tracking the implementation status of open audit recommendations and report to the Audit Committee, if necessary
- You will exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- You have the ability to take charge, has confidence to interact with all levels, can set objectives, will drive results and is a team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with teams cross-functionally.
- BE BOLD: Identify and lead projects/ initiatives that help us improve as an organization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find and identify the business problems that need to be solved and then determine the best way to solve them, using data and customer experience to guide you.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create project plans, communicate up, down and across and collaborate successfully with PMs, engineers, scientists and other stakeholders throughout organization on products, tools and analytical systems used for successfully executing existing remediation plans and ensuring successful audits moving forward.
- DON’T SETTLE: Consistently strives to meet compliance standards with both internal and external teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner with Product, Compliance, Legal and InfoSec teams to evaluate and improve operating procedures, tools and workflows.
- BE AN OWNER: Develop and implement comprehensive internal programs to keep the company and key stakeholders in compliance
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Consistently raise the bar and ensure the operations team achieves performance goals and objectives.
The Office of the CIO at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we have an efficient and effective control environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio
This position is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the US. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,600
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2920917