Principal Product Marketing Manager, Solutions Marketing Remote, North America
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the Principal, Product Marketing Manager - Solutions Marketing & GTM Plays, you will ensure thought leadership in the market to inform future strategy and protect revenue growth in future fiscal years. In this high-visibility, high-impact role, you will have the opportunity to accelerate the business at all levels and work collaboratively at the heart of GitLab's GTM process.
What you'll do in this role
- Translate the company’s revenue objectives into a formal, cohesive solutions marketing strategy, including key imperatives that GitLab solves for customers, how we solve them, and how we scale them through and with partners.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Development, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product Management to identify and prioritize quarterly GTM plays (including strategy, messaging, content, campaigns, and enablement) that drive quality pipeline and ARR.
- Work comfortably with complex data sets to identify pipeline gaps and prescribe and prioritize solutions to meet business pipeline gaps
- Work with leaders and individual contributors across organizations, break down silos, and help to unify solutions strategies for optimal global impact.
- Lead cross functional working group including product marketing, content, design, integrated marketing, sales development, sales strategy, and field enablement to orchestrate the development, execution, and operationalization of scalable and measurable quarterly sales plays that deliver results
- Collaboratively define success measures and reporting frameworks for implemented programs
- Conduct regular program reviews with leaders, providing status updates and risk mitigation strategies
- Define and implement a repeatable framework for GTM Plays including leadership touchpoints, comms plans, and a Handbook based playbook.
- Develop, maintain, and execute medium- and long-term vision for the function
- Participate in quarterly pipeline planning to ensure there is structure, scalability and transparency with clear in-quarter execution outputs
We're looking for
- Experience managing or designing solutions and/or go-to-market strategies, plays, and campaigns.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to remove impediments that block the team’s ability to meet project objectives
- Exceptional communication and execution skills
- Proven track record of cross-stakeholder program management and execution with operational rigor
- Skills to build, maintain, update and optimize critical dashboards in Salesforce.com.
- Strong analytical and influencing skills
- Bachelors or University Degree, or relevant work experiences
- Collaborates well with others, including executives across multiple functions
- Ability to move fluidly from big picture to details
- Significant enterprise software marketing experience
- Has experience aligned with the additional responsibilities of a Principal Product Marketing Manager
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- First Order pipeline generation
- Growth pipeline generation
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $123,200-$224,400 for Colorado residents and $123,200-$250,800 for New York and New Jersey candidates only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6456709002