Principal Product Manager - Developer Experience United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Developer Experience team sits squarely at the intersection of software engineering and product design. A phenomenal developer experience will minimize the “time to magic” as a junior developer learns about Twilio for the first time. And that same experience also empowers teams at the largest companies in the world to confidently deploy extensive web-scale applications.
The Developer Experience team’s job is to ensure Twilio’s dozens of developer products (and growing!) have a consistent, modern, and compelling developer experience. We define the Twilio standards for building great developer products, educate our product teams, and build mechanisms to keep the bar high across the company. This role will lead the work of a cross functional team (think user research, data analytics, technical writing, developer advocacy, etc) to make data driven decisions, influence roadmaps, and evangelize for developer experience across Twilio. Your days may include prototyping a new Twilio product, writing a new API standard, performing user research, tweaking some documentation, Slacking with developers across the world, and finally catching up on /r/programming (seriously).
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager with a passion for building world class developer experiences. One with a need to understand and build empathy with Twilio’s extensive base of developers, customers and diverse personas as they build, debug and operate their Twilio applications. You are driven by building phenomenal products that make other people successful and have a love for computer programming.
Twilio is looking for an ideal candidate with the following:
- 5+ years of product management at a technology company
- A passion for software and programming, ideally having worked as a developer yourself and supported services in production.
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and leading through influence, not necessarily through authority
- Excellent written communication skills for a variety audiences with a wide range of skill levels and technical backgrounds
- Experience shipping products in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- A belief in the power of platforms. You are motivated by making other people successful
As a Principal Product Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for defining, documenting, and evangelizing Twilio’s API and SDK policies and guidelines
- Build the mechanisms to ensure a consistent and high bar developer experience across dozens of developer products, including leading DX Design Reviews
- Perform primary and secondary user research to understand developer behavior as they build, deploy, and operate their Twilio applications
- Understand the requirements of our various product teams and _their_ customers, ensuring our developer platform supports their needs
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the software development industry and the evolving needs of our increasingly diverse customer base, feed these requirements back into the platform and product teams to guide our roadmaps
Ten years ago, Twilio defined the modern cloud developer experience with our easy to use REST APIs and fantastic documentation. And as technology continues to change, we too continue to evolve our platform to empower the next generation of the world’s developers. Our customers range from students at their first-ever hackathon to two women in a garage working on the next billion dollar startup to development teams at the largest global enterprises. Our mission is to empower each and every developer on Twilio to be successful learning, building, debugging, and scaling their Twilio applications. With millions of developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have impact on a massive scale!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2340061