Principal Product Manager - CIO United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented and technical Product Manager to join the CIO organization. Our organization provides support to all Twillions and strives to drive efficiencies around various tool usage. This position will initially report to the CIO. If you love working on a variety of projects and understand the value of bringing Product Management acumen to how we manage, sustain and treat tools as products with a full life cycle then this role is for you.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering technical products. They also have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Possess strong technical acumen – you can communicate effectively with engineers and architects; stakeholders and program leads; software vendors and finance.
- General understanding of data warehousing (preferably Snowflake)
- General understanding of globally-operated Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS)
- Demonstrated experience building products and services to accelerate internal engineering teams in a global environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with high-scale vendor products and an ability to influence their Roadmap.
- Expertise with quantifying business needs and developing KPIs.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience in change management, data analysis or project management is highly desirable.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate both your point of view and that of your customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand customer toil and alleviate it with up-to-date documentation and effective communication.
- General understanding of compliance regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, etc.
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Quality Management or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager in the CIO Organization you will help us define usage patterns and use cases around various tools and provide the product roadmap for implementation of various tools and internal products.
As a Product Manager on the Platform Engineering team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Seek out and gather our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to engineers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located remotely in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $132,928 -$182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $116,312 - $159,929
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2590257