Principal Network Development Engineer United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Network Development Engineer in our Network development organization. In this position, you will participate in the planning and designing of the Twilio Global Super Network infrastructure with an emphasis on supporting our voice platform. You will come together with internal partners and vendors to understand the needs of the business and develop network designs and standards accordingly. Working with our software development team, you will look for opportunities to automate deployment and management of the network and related services. You will play a key role in the vendor selection process and advise leadership accordingly, with an eye on building an extraordinary, highly efficient, and secure global network. Collaborating with the Director of Network Development Engineering, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth efforts throughout the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has proven success in planning and designing large scale data networks and running the vendors that support them. They also have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an engineering/architecture role, preferably at a leading telecommunications company, building and supporting VoIP network infrastructure and services.
- Expert-level knowledge of L1-4+ networking protocols, including routing and signaling protocols; e.g., BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, SIP, SS7.
- Expert-level knowledge working with open source telephony and various hardware platforms; e.g., Juniper, Cisco, AudioCodes.
- Expert knowledge of defining and documenting complex technical solutions, establishing standardization and driving automation to achieve maximum efficiencies.
- Track record of successfully partnering with team members to define requirements and feature sets in a multi-vendor environment.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal direction in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically) analytical talent and leadership to achieve the goals of the business.
- The intellectual and emotional capacity to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent social skills; ability to articulate verbally and written.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar engineering field, or equivalent experience required.
- This is a remote position based in the U.S.
As the Principal Network Development Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create, manage and analyze internal critical metrics with a goal to improve operational efficiency across operations teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new organizational growth ideas from internal and external sources with the primary goal to operate at scale.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead and assist in all aspects of day to day organization tasks and duties, including strategy, budget, operations reviews and development of long term planning.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence and bringing up new processes or organizational evolutions.
The Super Network Infrastructure team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership, carrier relations, BU’s and GTM teams to program manage company priorities. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing various strategic programs that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a remote position located in the U.S. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3420313