Principal Industry Events Marketing Manager United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal of Industry Events Marketing Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive our strategy, brand awareness, and participation in 3rd party events. This role will drive our end-to-end strategy, management, and execution of third party industry tradeshows and conferences. You will drive consistency in global messaging, branding, and demand generation across a robust portfolio of events.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive a corporate events program that results in relationship building, lead/pipeline generation and acceleration, customer engagement and retention and brand awareness
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to develop event strategies that meet engagement, meetings, pipeline and revenue goals. Project quarterly results and proactively report progress.
- Drive overall events strategy and budget management, owning KPIs, targets, and success metrics
- Inspire and lead a team of event managers and cross-functional stakeholders to create engaging and impactful experiences across all touchpoints for pre-event, event, and post-event moments
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience in event management, leading physical, virtual and hybrid tradeshows and conferences.
- Analytical and curious, especially as it pertains to event ROI. Able to analyze event performance and apply learnings to future events
- Deep understanding of how events contribute to sales and marketing goals as well as strategic company initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate stakeholders across the organization
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and teams
- Experience negotiating contracts for both large and small-scale events
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Able to stand comfortably for up to eight hours a day and work long hours during events
- People manager with experience growing, managing, and fostering team members to deliver on goals
- Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce), Marketing Automation (Marketo), and event lead management
- Demand creation processes and service-level agreements
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 30-50% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $87,360 - $124,800.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3754140