Principal Engineer - Discoverability Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Principal Engineer - Discoverability to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Discoverability squad's charter is to enable teams to efficiently find, organize, and manage their artifacts inside InVision. At InVision, we know that time is precious for our users. Users want to find the InVision content they seek in the most efficient and expedient manner possible. The Discoverability squad owns a large and important product surface area and operates with the goals of improving our users’ experience and speed when navigating and managing their InVision content.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously push the limits in Go and Node JS
- Work in a microservice SPA environment
- Ensure your software delivery includes unit, integration, and end-to-end testing. Ensure software is designed with long-term maintainability in mind
- Ensure optimal performance and scalability of your software, which may include partnering with backend engineers, Product Managers, and Designers
- Work alongside Design partners to iterate on the best user experience possible
- Build best-in-class features with effective and compelling microinteractions
- Ensure you and your teammates are following good development practices and getting better every day while continuously improving deployment and test practices
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your fellow engineers
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with Go and modern backend frameworks
- Experience with a shared component architecture
- A high degree of personal accountability
- A ‘can do’ attitude - you are willing to roll up your sleeves to solve problems without obvious solutions
- A commitment to releasing feature work to delight our customers
- A desire to learn continuously
- A positive environment for the people around you
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1863373