Pricing Strategy Analyst Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The Products team at 1Password manages product requirements, business justification, planning, verification, forecasting, and pricing throughout all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our growing Pricing Strategy team. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting data-driven pricing research and analysis, and crafting global pricing recommendations.
This role will require collaboration with cross-functional teams around the world, extensive data analysis and modeling, market research, strategy formulation, and clear communication of recommendations.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- 3 years building sophisticated analytical models in a business context
- Outstanding analytical skills including familiarity with common pricing strategies
- A data-driven approach that includes regression analysis, survey techniques, and conjoint analysis
- Keen business sense with a focus on providing economic value to the customer
- Driven ability to learn, develop, and make an impact
- Proven business sense, with a good foundation in basic financial and business strategy principles
- Track record of building strong working relationships and collaborating across teams
- Proven track record of working independently, and leading multiple priorities simultaneously
What you'll be doing:
- Developing a deep understanding of the business models of the industries in which we operate
- Defining problem-solving approaches and conducting analyses to inform pricing decisions
- Identifying and collecting data relevant to your analyses from multiple internal and external sources
- Evaluating the performance of our pricing structure and decisions, and recommend changes as needed
- Crafting presentations, articulating your findings and recommendations to help executives take critical pricing decisions
What you can expect by month 1:
- Set up interviews to understand current pricing data sources and process
- Develop cross functional processes that enable you to capture the right data
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams that will enable you to implement future pricing proposals
- Create prioritized list of pricing projects based on potential revenue opportunit
What you can expect by month 3:
- By month three you will have communicated and gained alignment on pricing projects
- Begin first set of pricing surveys or experiments
- Collect data and socializing with internal constituents
What you can expect by month 6:
- Create a library of pricing projects, share with cross-functional teams
- Monitor and continually measure pricing strategy and projects
- Set-up dashboards and alerts to monitor pricing effectiveness and potential modifications over time
Built on a foundation of learning and humility, the Products team relishes solving challenges and helping one another and 1Password succeed.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.