PostgreSQL Consultant (North AMER based) Canada
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL®, MariaDB,MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
This position reports to a Managing Consultant. You will work both from customer premises and remotely, with customer onsite work estimated at around 50% of the time. Most people work from their homes when not onsite. Travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required. This position is for the US, and the consultant must be able to work full-time during US business hours.
Core Job Duties:
- PostgreSQL, MySQL and Linux systems consulting
- Professional Development - Skills, knowledge and processes
- Marketing activities - blogging, conference attendance, etc
- Administrative Work
Technical Specific Requirements:
- 5+ Years PostgreSQL Administration
- Detailed understanding of the PostgreSQL Architecture and internals.
- Understanding and working knowledge of various extensions in PostgreSQL
- 3+ Years MySQL Administration
- Understanding of replication and high availability tools and methods. Including knowledge on High Availability and Connection Pooling & Load Balancing PostgreSQL workloads.
- Query tuning
- PostgreSQL Parameter Tuning.
- Must have a detailed understanding on tuning Memory parameters in PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL Performance Analysis.
- Problem solver skills
- Basic understanding of Innodb
- Knowledge on plpgsql advantageous
- Strong shell skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot in a linux environment
- Must have team player attitude
- Willingness to travel often, up to 50% delivery onsite
- Able to take direction and work through defined processes
- Do what is best for the company
- Willingness to work odd-hours/weekend
- Participates on the on-call list
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to spend their time learning and innovating
- Constant desire to improve themselves
- Problem solver who can think for themselves
- Attention to detail
Location/Time zone: Any North America location.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/odKE7fws