Portfolio Product Manager - Business Processes Canada - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members who want to help us change how the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently with the Nexus Lifecycle product suite – literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies build better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
The Product Operations & Portfolio Program Management works closely with our team of Product Managers, Executive Stakeholders and Cross-functional Core Team Leadership. Product Operations is a specialized function within Product Management focused on improving predictability and performance excellence by assisting strategic program planning, driving roadmap delivery and GTM execution, performing operational portfolio activities, and leading best practices as Product Management as-a-Service.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- Manage an objectives-based roadmap which supports Sonatype’s broader objectives, and align the portfolio product teams and key stakeholders behind them.
- Assist cross functional program plan creation and management for top priority product Go-To-Market (GTM), Early Adopter programs and first year commercialization goal achievement.
- Operate as a co-leader in Core Teams to ensure proactive program kick-off, milestone definition and risk/validation guidance leadership.
- Report program health, roadmap execution tracking against market delivery and business impact objectives.
- Define with cross functional core team members KPIs and metrics for best in class program execution and overall portfolio performance.
- Facilitate regular cadence for data refresh cycles, and ensure information and trends are maintained in the Core Team business fact base.
- Own and continuously improve critical processes, best practices, methods and tools used by Product management and Core Teams.
- Gather as-a-service for Product Managers latest market research, win/loss interviews and competitive analyses.
- Guide and assist Product Managers with Aha! data population and reporting.
- Act on Aha reporting insights and priorities. Manage responsive processes from Customer Advisory Boards and idea management input channels/communities
What skills you need:
- Have 5+ years of experience working within a product development organization and 3+ years leading product teams of 5 or greater.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum development environment using lean practice
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and best practices in the software development tooling vertical and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise product DevOps and/or InfoSec experience.
- An advanced understanding of the Product Management discipline, exposure to modern practices and tools to drive data driven decisions and PLCM automation.
- Desire to grow skills and business impact to include product portfolio management and M&A integrations.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the variety of projects/activities running in parallel.
- Excellent data gathering and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to build strong and effective relationships at all levels.
- High motivation and a self-starter ethos; comfortable working independently.
Things we're proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.